Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day, Beaches, and Summer

It's been a nice weekend at the beach.  In honor of the "official start of summer," here are a few freebies to get you through the end of your school year.

Memorial Day

Memorial Day is a special day in our family.  My husband, Bill, served in the Navy.  I am extremely proud of him and his service to our country.  I know that makes him a vet and we should celebrate on Veteran's Day, but we choose to honor all those who have given the ultimate price for our country's freedom.
Are you ready for the summer? I am. Here's a post about our favorite things about the summer. A Memorial Day 4 Square, Summer 4 Square, Writing Papers, and a Summer A to Z.

In honor of all servicemen and women who gave their lives for our freedom, enjoy this 4 square.
Are you ready for the summer? I am. Here's a post about our favorite things about the summer. A Memorial Day 4 Square, Summer 4 Square, Writing Papers, and a Summer A to Z.

Beaches

We spent our weekend at our happy place:  at the beach with family and friends.  In honor of our special beach time, enjoy the beach student-selected 4 square.
Are you ready for the summer? I am. Here's a post about our favorite things about the summer. A Memorial Day 4 Square, Summer 4 Square, Writing Papers, and a Summer A to Z.


Are you ready for the summer? I am. Here's a post about our favorite things about the summer. A Memorial Day 4 Square, Summer 4 Square, Writing Papers, and a Summer A to Z.

 Summer


Memorial Day is the "official start of summer," even if some of us have 13 days to go.  One of the best summer trips we've taken was a cruise for our oldest's graduation.  Here we are on the beach in San Juan looking for sea glass (our summer obsession).
Are you ready for the summer? I am. Here's a post about our favorite things about the summer. A Memorial Day 4 Square, Summer 4 Square, Writing Papers, and a Summer A to Z.



Enjoy this Summer ABC chart great for end of the year writing topics.
Are you ready for the summer? I am. Here's a post about our favorite things about the summer. A Memorial Day 4 Square, Summer 4 Square, Writing Papers, and a Summer A to Z.


I hope you each had a wonderful Memorial Day and honored our servicemen and women in your families and communities.  I wish everyone could put their toes in the ocean...it's the best balm for anything that ails you!

A special thanks for Rich Tisdale at www.wdtp.com.  He has helped me keep this blog going.  He also helped me figure out the follow me button to the right...so if you'd like, click it and follow my blog.

If you would like my Memorial Day Special please leave a comment and Click HERE.  (There are even a few things in the packet I didn't mention.)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment