Tuesday, December 29, 2015

3 Great Deals at the Dollar Spot

Target Dollar Spot Deals, January 2016. Great deals for reading.
Who doesn't like the Target Dollar Spot?

I do...and today I LOVE the Target Dollar Spot.  I haven't been in Target since Christmas.  I didn't really need anything Christmas related, so I kinda avoided the "after-Christmas" sale craziness. Someone else posted some scores for the classroom, so when I went in today my hopes were high.

The bins were bare...I know I missed some good stuff...but I still found some good stuff, too.  Here are my Top 3 finds today at Target.
Target Dollar Spot Deals, January 2016. Great deals for reading.

1.  Cards

You know I love cards.  I always see TOPIC CARDS like dollar signs when I see these.  As for topic cards, I see two possibilities:  1.) leave the picture alone and let the students write about the object without giving them the word and 2.) write the word with a marker (like I did).  This set is good.  One side has the capital and lowercase.  Notice the lowercase "a" on the box!  YAY!  The other side has an object for that letter.  The good news:  a hard c (camera) and a hard g (gift).  It also has pictures for short vowels a (apple), e (elephant), i (iguana), and u (umbrella).  The bad news:  o is an orange.  Wah- wah-wah.  The pack also comes with 16 missing letter puzzles (8 cards back and front).  BUT...I still love the set and I'll forgive them one letter.
Target Dollar Spot Deals, January 2016. Great deals for reading.

2. Sequencing Puzzles

There are 16 puzzles (the "fronts" are seen above).  Half of the puzzles are sequencing puzzles that can be used as a model for "First-Then-Next-Last" sentences.  The other half of the puzzles are AB pattern puzzles.  I think students can be given these AB patterns and asked to extend the existing pattern OR to "up the rigor" of the patterns they can add puzzles to the pattern to create other patterns (AAB, ABB, AABB...and so on).
Target Dollar Spot Deals, January 2016. Great deals for reading.

3.  Writing Stuff

I LOVE the dry erase boards that look like a sheet of paper.  Fun, fun, fun and can't resist.  I also bought the only set of 8 fillable books left on the shelf.  The 8 books were $3.  I would have gotten more...but I will survive.
Target Dollar Spot Deals, January 2016. Great deals for reading.
Finally - GASP - Seriously?  NOT YET...I will not discuss the amount of Christmas cookies I have consumed in the last 2 weeks.

Run, don't walk to Target and see if you can find these exciting things...or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment