Sunday, February 26, 2017

100th Day: A School-Wide Event

Want a new idea for 100th Day? Here's a fun school-side idea.
I know, I know...I'm late again! The problem with "special days" in school is I think of things at the last minute, and then I like it, and then it's too late to post it.

But this time, I'm going to post it anyway.

First and Second Grade

Want a new idea for 100th Day? Here's a fun school-side idea.
We decided to have a 100th Day School-wide Idea. There is a bulletin board on either side of the student bathroom outside our school cafeteria.  I posted the title: "How many words can you make out of GREAT BRIDGE PRIMARY? on a Friday afternoon. Monday morning, I added 10 words to the board. First and second grade students received a hand-out with the same question. Tuesday morning, I added 10 more and added 10 more each day until the 100th day of school (ours was February 21st). On the 100th day, I added the rest of the words. Students who completed the paper, were given a homework pass.

Kindergarten Alternative

Want a new idea for 100th Day? Here's a fun school-side idea.
I thought the idea would eliminate most of our kindergarten students, so we sent home an adjusted assignment for K. They needed to write 100 letters or words. The explanation told students if they wrote each letter, upper and lower case, they would be more than half-way there. They could write color words, shape words, word wall words, names in their family, and more.

Students were also allowed to dress up on the 100th day...as 100-year-olds. They were super cute, but I don't have pictures, sorry.

This was fun. If you'd like to download and save this 100th Day idea for next year, click the link or picture below.
Pin for Later:
Want a new idea for 100th Day? Here's a fun school-side idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment